Having a workstation with a dual Motherboard appears to be a lucrative option. However, they’re mostly available for B2B environments.
Here’s why! Dual Motherboards are commonly used for doing specialized heavy-duty workstation tasks and game streaming.
While purchasing these non-standard components, you may find it hard to choose the right one based on your needs and budget. To make things easier, we have put up a list of the top 5 dual Motherboards that offer the best specifications and design.
Detailed Reviews of the TOP 5 Best Dual Motherboard
As a result of our in-depth research, we have developed the best 5 dual Motherboards that serve various purposes. You can get these boards rolling by connecting them with any pre-owned processors.
1. ASUS WS C621E Dual Motherboard
ASUS WS C621E displays 10 SATA connectors and 2 CPU sockets. Using this model, you can increase productivity by using multiple GPUs. With the help of a single GPU mode, it works as a suitable option for gamers – as it offers incredible gaming performance.
You may like: Best x570 Motherboards
Known as a perfect option for a home server, this motherboard supports gigabit ethernet coupled with 2X gigabit ethernet ports. When it comes to the I/O panel, it comes with everything you require and also supports a memory space of around 1.5 TB.
- CPU Socket: LGA 2066.
- Ram Memory Technology: DDR4.
- Chipset: Intel C621.
- Wireless Type: 802.11n.
- USB ports: 3.1 Type-C & Type-A, 10 x SATA 6Gb/s Ports.
- Multi-GPU Support: 4-Way SLI, 4-Way CrossFireX.
- Wattage: 140.
- Memory: 12× DIMM, DDR4.
- Graphics Card Interface: PCI-Express x16.
- Storage: 1× M.2, 4× U.2, 10× SATA.
- Network Connectivity: Dual Gb LAN.
- Expansion Slots: 7× PCIe 3.0 x16.
- Product Dimensions: 16.26 x 4.06 x 14.73 in.
- Has a max memory capacity of 1536 GB.
- Great performance.
- Contains Cooler Master HAFX super tower.
- Customer service is not great.
The package also comes with a user manual, software drivers, and warranty card. This model is uniquely crafted using premium components to provide extreme power efficiency.
2. ASUS Z10PA-D8(ASMB8-IKVM) Dual LGA2011-v3 CPU Server Motherboard
ASUS Z10PA-D8 works as a reliable option for double processing. While picking this model, you need not worry about storage as the board supports 10 SATA connections, where one operates at M.2.
You may like: Best Motherboards for the i9 9900k Processor
This model provides its users with superior configuration options. Made using premium components, the board has a compact design and offers premium efficiency.
You may like our Article Motherboard CPU Combo
- CPU socket: Dual LGA 2011-v3.
- Ram Memory Technology: DDR4
- Memory: 8x DDR4-2133/ 1866/ 1600/ 1333 DIMM Slots, Quad Channel.
- Chipset Type Intel: C612
- Platform: Windows, Linux.
- Operation temperature: 10℃ ~ 35℃
- Non operation temperature: -40℃ ~ 70℃
- Ports: 4x USB 3.0 Ports (2 rear, 2 via header), 4x USB 2.0 Ports (2 rear, 2 via header), 1x PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse Port, 1x VGA Port, 2x RJ45 LAN Ports, 1x Management LAN Port.
- Number of USB 2.0 Ports: 2.
- SATA: 10x SATA3 Ports (w/o M.2 port) or 9x SATA3 Ports, Support RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 (Windows only), Support RAID 0, 1, 10 (Windows & Linux).
- Product Dimensions:13.74 x 3.7 x 11.77 in.
- Has a maximum memory size of 512GB.
- Comes with updated drivers.
- Immensely powerful and well-built.
- Does not have UEFI BIOS.
This gadget is suitable for medium and small business purposes. It also features quick initialization guidance along with complete remote server management.
3. SuperMicro H11DSi-NT
SuperMicro H11DSi-NT focuses on users who prefer to work using AMD processors. This board is apt for crunching data due to the chipset arrangement that comes with sharp slot disparity. The board enables users to use HTML 5, Java, or Serial-over-LAN consoles before turning on the system.
You may like: Best Motherboard For Ryzen 5 3600
No worries if you do not require numerous professional GPS. All you need is one powerful GPU to enjoy excellent gaming performance. However, you will have to purchase a standalone audio card separately as audio chips are not available in this model.
- Chipset: System on Chip.
- Memory: Registered ECC DDR4 2666Mhz SDRAM in 16 DIMMs.
- SATA ports: 10 SATA3, 1 M.2, 2 SATA DOM.
- Storage: 1× M.2, 10× SATA, 2× NVMe OCuLink.
- Operating Temperature:10°C to 35°C (50°F to 95°F).
- Expansion Slots: 2× PCIe 3.0 x16, 3× PCIe 3.0 x8.
- Memory capacity: 2048 GB.
- Dual AMD EPYC 7000-series processors
- Network connectivity: Dual 10GBase-T LAN ports
- Speed: AST2500 BMC Graphics.
- Product Dimensions: 12 x 13 x 2 in.
- Weight: 2.2 lbs.
- Comes with 2.0 B bios installed.
- Displays numerous new functionality.
- Has a solid built
- Quite costly.
- Does not support crossfire or SLI.
This gadget displays two OCuLink headers and a classic M.2 port for including extra NVMe drives with a myriad of features. With the help of the web GUI feature, you can also do bios updates.
4. Andifany X79 Dual CPU LGA2011 Motherboard
Though Andifany happens to be a new company in the market, It offers a dual motherboard that ensures excellent value. The Andifany X79 Dual CPU LGA2011 Motherboard displays a professional-grade level that uses DDR3 memory technology instead of the DDR4.
You may like: Best Ryzen 7 3700x and 3800x Motherboard
The model features dual CPU drivers and has a large double heat sink. You’ll also find a dual PCI-E image card and a solid-state capacitor in this motherboard. Users who wish to store a large amount of their work on their system will appreciate this board as it displays seven storage Slots.
- Processor Socket: LGA 2011
- Main Chip: X79 series
- Ram Memory Technology: DDR3
- Mainboard Type: ATX
- Ethernet: Gigabit
- SATA Ports: 2xSATA3.0 interface and 4xSATA2.0 interface.
- image Card Slot: PCI-E 3.0 16X dual interface
- USB ports: 6xUSB 3.0 interface And 2xUSB 2.0 interface.
- CPU Slot: 7.1 channel
- Power supply: 2x8Pin and 1x24Pin power supply interface.
- Expansion Slot: 7+7 power supply
- CPU Type: LGA2011x2
- Memory Slot: DDR3 4 slot 4 channel
- Memory Speed: 1866/1600/1333/1066
- M.2 Interface: PCIE X4 3.0 NVME
- Material: PCB
- Memory Capacity Peak: 32Gx4 DDR3
- Available in black color.
- Has an affordable price range.
- Displays a small form factor.
- Cannot support more than 128G be memory space.
- Consists of an outdated Chipset.
This board’s X79 chipset is best suited for professional use due to the eight USB ports available. This offers numerous options for hooking up with peripherals.
5. X99 Dual CPU Server Motherboard LGA2011-3
Even if Settencas may not be a famous brand, it showcases a dual motherboard with a solid value that stands in line with the rest of the models. Though Settencas X99 Dual CPU Server Motherboard LGA2011-3 uses an X99 chip that’s outdated, it enables the CPU socket to install Intel Xeon processors.
You may like: Best B450 Motherboards
This board works great on professional workstations and displays eight USB ports. This comes in handy when there is a greater demand for peripherals.
- CPU type: E-ATX.
- Ram Memory Technology: DDR4.
- Graphics slot: PCI-E 3.0 16X dual interface.
- Main Power Connector:24-pin.
- Integrated graphics: no integration.
- Memory slot: DDR4 8 slots independent 4 channels.
- Integrated network card: Gigabit adaptive network card.
- Expansion slot: 6 + 6 phase change dual power supply.
- M.2 interface: PCIE X4 3.0 NVME.
- Memory type: DDR4 3000/2666/2400 / 2133MHz
- USB interface: USB3.0 * 6USB2.086 (including expansion)
- Memory speed: 3000/2666/2400/2133.
- SATA interface: 6 SATA3.0.
- CPU type: 2 LGA2011-3
- Has higher compatibility.
- Provides a better user experience.
- Budget-friendly option.
- Comes with eight storage slots.
- Has only a 5.1 channel CPU slot.
- Has a cramped socket design.
Due to the small form factor of this motherboard, you can save a lot of space. The presence of two M.2 slots and six SATA3 slots works together to provide ample storage space.
You may like: Best Motherboard CPU Combos
Buying Guide About The Best Dual Motherboard
In this section, let’s look at some of the aspects you need to consider before making this huge investment.
Memory happens to be a significant feature for any computer system. Dual motherboards are usually used for working on software that requires more memory space. In case of any shortage in memory space, it may result in the server’s slowdown or even crashing completely.
The sockets present in a dual motherboard act as essential aspects mainly due to its purpose. When choosing a double motherboard socket, you need to consider the brand of the processor that you are using. This is primarily because AMD and Intel processors utilize entirely different system construction.
In addition to this, both these brands require other systems built for each generation of chips and various grades.
In most cases, you may have to meet a specific requirement when it comes to storage. If you’re planning to manage a database using a dual motherboard, you will require a considerable amount of storage space to meet the requirements.
In some models, you will find that you can convert the storage slots present into adapters. This serves as a different storage slot or allows you to gain additional storage space. In other words, if you have multiple slots such as M.2, U.2, and SATA – you can convert them to increase the storage space.
The users often overlook the Chipset of a dual motherboard. When it comes to single processor motherboards, the chipset present has a significant role in pathing and data transfer.
As for the dual motherboards, the chipset’s significance depends on the slot you can use and the variable rates present. It also varies based on the configuration of the system.
Due to the complicated technicality, users generally neglect the PCI-E slots while selecting a dual motherboard. These PCI-E slots are commonly known as GPU slots. If you are hunting for a dual-processor motherboard for CGI or video rendering, you will have to opt for one that contains adequate GPU capability.
In other cases, you may likely prefer to use these slots as wireless cards, adapters, or even for storage.
FAQ For The Best Dual Motherboard
Q. Are Dual Motherboards Suitable for Gaming?
The Dual processor does not have much heavy lifting when it comes to gaming. However, you need to make sure that the processor does not hinder the GPU capabilities.
Though you can play games using dual processors simultaneously, no PC game requires more than one CPU for playing games. Well, having a dual motherboard for gaming will provide you with better memory bandwidth, extra computing power, and higher PCI-E slots. If you happen to be a game streamer, getting a dual motherboard would be helpful – as you will be able to game using one and stream with the other.
Q. Is It Worth Getting A Dual Motherboard For Your System?
If you happen to be a user who does not use your PC for complex and heavy-duty workstation tasks and game streaming, a dual motherboard is not a must-have. These boards are mostly used in B2B environments, which include system builders and integrators.
You need to note that dual-processor boards are quite expensive, and the CPUs that come along with them are also costly. Hence, you need to make a wise choice before you make this huge investment.
Q. Why Dual Motherboards Are Not There For Threadripper And Ryzen CPUs?
The Threadripper And Ryzen CPUs are mostly designed to target the prosumer and consumer markets. These market users do not have much demand for dual motherboards. This is because the threadripper CPUs come with 64 cores, which is extremely powerful for regular users.
If you happen to be a medium or small business that requires a high-end workstation along with heavy-duty servers, these dual motherboards would be a great option. It helps you do multiple tasks with incredible computing power – that’s possible due to two processors’ presence.
In addition to this, if you happen to be a game streamer – using a system with a dual motherboard would be a great add-on. Here, you can use one PC for streaming and the other for gaming.
You may like: Best Z390 Motherboard
We recommend ASUS WS C621E as the best dual Motherboard on this list. This budget-friendly option comes with an I/O panel that offers users everything they require. Furthermore, it has a memory space of around 1.5 TB and is made using premium components. This model also has an expandable option where you can include more features, and it comes with lots of connectivity.
Are you planning to get a dual motherboard for yourself? Do let us know which model you choose and how it worked for you in the comments section below.